COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

Jan 22, 2009

DESIGNED BY GOD

When I gave a 365 days with the Lord to my best friend. Multiple religious gifts I received.

It's my first time to receive the Daily Bread book which I read every morning before going to work. I want to share you one of the nice messages that inspired me.


Bison are made in such a way that their natural inclination is to look down; the design of their necks makes it difficult for them to look up.

In contrast, giraffes are designed in a way that makes looking up easy; the way their necks were made makes it difficult for them to look down.

Two creatures created by the same God but with distinctively different body parts and purposes. Giraffes eat leaves from branches above. Bison eat grass from the field below. God provides food for both and neither has to become like the other to eat.

As we observe the animals and people around us, we're reminded that God made each of us unique for a purpose. One person's natural tendency is to look up and see the "big pictures", while another looks down and focuses on details. Both are important. One is not better than the other. God gave us individual talents and spiritual gifts so that we can work together as a body.

Human beings are the crowning jewel of creation, and we shine the brightest not when we see our likeness reflected in others but when each of us performs the unique functions that God designed for us to do. "Having the gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them" (Rom. 12:6).

I want to share to you too the new art blog I created. Here's the link.

ARTERY




12 comments:

escape said...

i was reading our daily bread when i was in college. now im using "word among us".

"God gave us individual talents and spiritual gifts so that we can work together as a body.">>> true. true!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. :)

Eds said...

thanks for sharing this redlan.

and congrats sa newly created blog mo. galing naman dami mo ng blog. ako isa lang hirap pa i maintain.

KRIS JASPER said...

I have a stiff neck.

Anonymous said...

meron din akong ka-office mate na nagbigay ng Daily Bread nung Xmas sa buong opis. kaya lang waaaaah, diko pa nababasa. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Heheh, I am reading Daily Bread too, I read this already... Nice one Red!

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Nance said...

you created another blog? you are amazing, redlan!
the messages are very uplifting, red, thanks for sharing.

Barbara Martin said...

One most important aspect to remember is that humans are all of God's children.

Oman said...

very well said redlan. one of my favorite pasalubong to give whenever i travel are rosaries. i guess kasi kabirthday ko si mama mary kaya nakahiligan ko yan.

Dennis Villegas said...

It's always nice to receive a gift of "Our Daily Bread". You have a nice choice. The passage you shared has very profound in meaning.

Btw, I have visited your blog before, but I can't remember when. Maybe I messed my links up. I would be glad to add you to my blogroll.

RedLan said...

Thanks for the comment guys. I can't reply you hare but I have to read and comment on your post instead. see you then.