COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

Oct 31, 2008

POSTCROSSING

Postcrossing is a project inspired by Bookcrossing, designed to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world. Participants who send a postcard should receive at least one back, from a post crosser in another country.


As I mentioned in one of my previous post, I sent 5 postcards to five postcrosser in different countries. After 2 weeks, postcrosser from Germany, Finland and United States received the postcards from me. It's so quick! It only cost me 12 php per postcard and 13 php for postcard mailing. I know I will receive 3 postcards back. I sent another 3 postcard to continue the postcrossing hobby.



I grabbed this postcard from a postcrosser living in Finland. This is actually the postcard I sent to him.












A postcrosser from Germany posted this postcard from me on her postcards wall.


If you are a postcard lover, you can join the postcrossing too. It is great to receive postcards from other countries. You can promote your own country at the same. I promote my blog too.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe.. post crossing din ba yung pinagpatung patung na post-it na parang kahit papano na lang tas yun ang ginawang papel para sulatan.

i remember doing that and writing love letters. idea ko yun nung hayskul.

hehehe

RedLan said...

hehe @ bry. ano ba tawag dun?

Four-eyed-missy said...

Hi Red... I also joined PostCrossing, and that's because nakita ko sa imo blog :) I've already sent 6 postcards to 3 different people yesterday so I'll wait and see what happens next.

the spool artist said...

wow, that sounds interesting... it's funny how we've sort of the lost the old magic of mailing and posting... i had tons of penpals before (as a requirement in grade school) and i was glad that i did it before the internet came... there is just so much joy in receiving something from the mail!!!

when we first did our christmas cards here, we mailed everything one by one... but soon enough, we did most of it online na... i'll definitely mail them again this time!

Anonymous said...

hey this is interesting..

Joe said...

Ang saya naman niyan. Now I wonder how you could do all these things and still is able to update your blog almost everyday (with the help of St. Charles sometimes). I mean you have work, you blog, you do embroidery, you go on trips, do postcrossing, watch TV... it bugs me that you can organize your schedule to do all these things.

Blog leave ends this weekend, Red. I'll be back...

Nance said...

Postcrossing ...sounds interesting! it's more personal. i used to collect vintage postcards...come to think of it, i wonder where they are now, buried somewhere in the house i guess.

TC red,
nance

Anonymous said...

abi paintraha man ko da... hehehehe! musta ka na da man?

RedLan said...

I got my first postcard from you @ ZJ. AM sure magustuhan mo tong postcrossing. Maganda ang rule. Keep postcrossing then.

RedLan said...

Nagulat nga ako @ Loven. Kahit may internet na ngayon meron pa rin mga toang mahilig sa postcard at sa post mails. Mas easier kapag online ipapadala. Pero merong effort at may sentimental value kapag actual mo ipapadala.

RedLan said...

Really it is @ Rara.

RedLan said...

Minsan nawe-windang ako @ Jowell. Hinahabol ko ang time. Napapagod. Kaya ngayon hinay-hinay na ako.

I always looking forward to read your posts.

RedLan said...

Yeah it is really interesting @ Nance. You take care and your family @ Nance.

RedLan said...

Go join @ IFoundMe. Kaw pa. Ari ga ariba ariba sa obra kag sa blogging. hehehe. TC!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...quite interesting. it's a nice stuff although i'm not so fond of that things. hehe

no offense.

btw, care to xlink? my site is http://pinoy-fearfactor.blogspot.com

i will add you now. please add me too. :D

thanks.

RedLan said...

I guess you have your own uniqueness and hobby and things that you like.

a pinoy fear factor blog, quite interesting.

KRIS JASPER said...

hmmm... must be interesting...

wala ya textcrossing? para mas dasig...

RedLan said...

lol @ KJ. hatag number mo kay text ta ka. joke.

Anonymous said...

Red, wlcome to postcrossing hehehe, i am a postcrosser too, for now, I have sent 32 and received 35, ingats! Ganda to!

RedLan said...

wow ha @ sheng! hindi pa ako nakatanggap ng postcards kasi bago pa lang ako. three pa ang na-confirm na nasend ko.