COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

May 2, 2008

I EXPLORED THE 1ST DISTRICT OF ILOILO JUST FOR ONE DAY

Yesterday was a non-working holiday, LABOR DAY. I finally decided to experience nature-tripping alone so I packed up my things. My bag is like I-am-bringing-my-drawer, according to Imee. However, going to long distance place(s) for just a day, you have to bring only important things. In traveling out of town, don't forget to bring your wallet of course with enough cash in small denominations( credit card is not necessary). Bring medications like paracetamol and painkiller. bring extra clothes too. Don't eat too much before the trip. Bring some foods and a bottle of water. Before I go, I planned my itinerary where to go first since I'll be going to several towns in first district(not all). The towns in first district are Oton, Tigbauan, Guimbal, Tubungan, Igbaras, Miag-ao and San Joaquin.

From Molo, I rode a jeepney to Tubungan. It is a fifth class municipality in the province of Iloilo. It is about 42 kilometers away from Iloilo City. I left my place @ 10:20 am and I arrived there @ exactly 11:05 am. I noticed a crowd of people in the plaza. There was a festival they called Tubong-Tubong festival that day. The fare costs 40php.

the bell tower of Tubungan church

I left Tubungan passed twelve noon. I dropped by in Guimbal(please click the link to my old entry about Guimbal) before going to San Joaquin. The jeepney fare from Tubungan to Guimbal town proper is 15php. The town of Guimbal is the most clean and green for me.

Guimbal church in the background


San Joaquin is about 53 kilometers from Iloilo City. It is the southernmost town of Iloilo and gateway to the province of Antique. It is the most peaceful town in the first district for me. I already passed the town proper unnoticed. I was amazed of the scenic mountain view that's way. I reached the last barangay of San Jaoquin- Tiolas is the name. My fare from Guimbal to Tiolas, San Joaquin was 30 php. San Joaquin is known for its sweet delicacy called "bandi"(sugar-coated peanut). I brought 2 pcs. @ 10 php each just to ask some questions to the tindera like where is the nearest beach resort named Tobog and what is the means of transportation going there and how much is the fare. I got all the information I wanted. I rode a tricycle and the fare will be 7php but since I was in a hurry I paid 30php( no waiting of other passengers to fill the vacant seats). I swam for just about 30 minutes and left the beach at around 3pm(because the last trip is 4pm). A nice guy offered me a ride to Tiolas. Again, I rode a jeepney and dropped by @ San Joaquin town plaza. I paid 7php.


a statue of two carabaos is the main attraction in the town plaza of San Joaquin.

I waited a passenger jeep again to take me to the town of Miag-ao. While waiting the jeep, I ate burger for I felt hungry already(I was not able to eat lunch). As I was about to have my last bite, there a jeep came. I reached the historic town of Miag-ao at around 4:15 pm. Miag-ao is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Iloilo, approximately 40 kilometers southwest of Iloilo City. It is the largest municipality in the country with a total of 119 barangays. 15php is the fare from San Joaquin to Miag-ao town proper. I ate the last bite of burger after I took some pics of Miag-ao church and sipped the dutchmill milk drink while browsing the pics I took.


can you read? (I will show the pics of Miag-ao church in my future post)

I left the Miag-ao town proper at quarter to 5pm. I decided not to go in the town of Igbaras since it is located in another separate way. I just passed Guimbal again. The next Town I will pass going back to Iloilo City is Tigbauan. It is my own hometown! It acquired its name after a local name Tigbao for a type of tall grass that used to swarm the countryside. I paid 20php from Miag-ao to Tigbauan town proper.

Tigbauan church is one of the historical churches in Panay island.

I went back to the city of Iloilo with a great smile on my face despite of tiredness. I fulfilled a wonderful journey that I know I can't do when I am old already. From Tigbauan to the boundary terminal located between Oton and Villa is 10php. I rode a jeep again to the city proper of Iloilo and I paid 10 pesos again.

It is different if you experience to go in some places personally. The feeling is really great and you took some pictures with excitement. I have some pictures left here to show. I will reserved them for my future post. I am proud to share to you the beautiful places and historical landmarks around my region( although I can't express it fully in english but I am trying.) Lastly, thank you for joining me. Till we meet in my next journey.

I had a total of 174 php fare expense plus the 20php cost of sweet delicacy equals to 194 php total travel expenses all in all for a day. It was a wonderful journey indeed!



6 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

kag ano na ang mga sweet delicacies nga ina? palab-uta di b. lol.

ma-an ja.

Anonymous said...

all for 194php.. wow! that's a nice journey to have.

Anonymous said...

galing mo naman Red! lakwatsa ka na naman!

RedLan said...

gin-post ko lang @ KJ. lol

Yeah @ Paolo. It's worth! thanks sa comment.

Oo nga Mrs. T. Walang magawa eh. Thanks for everything!

Pepe said...

Sometimes it's nice to travel around the city kay para malingaw ka man.... Wala ko pa makadtuan ang iban nga mga towns dira, pero someday kadtuan ko gid na tanan....! =D

RedLan said...

ako ginkadtoan ko gid kay di ko na ina makadtoan magtigulang ko. hehehe. nature tripping ko subong pepz. kapoy galing magtravel.