COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

Mar 18, 2008

PRECIOUS BIRTHDAY GIFTS

THE TAG:

I just celebrated my birthday last thursday. I am getting old but I am happy. I learned good things in life and I finally found real friends for life.

There are precious birthday gifts that I still keep and treasure.


My elder sister sent this birthday card when I was 23 years old. She don't usually send birthday card that's why I was surprised to receive one from her.




















The ten peso bill was a birthday gift from my fave niece Julie. There's a message in the money that I really appreciate.



















The 2 usd was sent by Victor, a filipino living in Florida. It was actually 3 dollars. The one dollar is on my wallet. I really appreciate his effort sending the money because he just inserted it between his two pictures thru postal mail.














This picture was taken 4 years ago. The first time Emely and I celebrated our birthday together. We're really happy with the rest of the high school barkada(group of friends). Since then, I celebrate my birthday in Emely's house. This pic is memorable to me.

















I realized that material gifts are not really the one that make me happy. It is actually the effort of the gift-giver that counts. Showing love and kindness is more appreciative. The material thing plus the effort, love and kindness is really the great package I can't forget being a Filipino. Because every Filipino is thoughtful and unique of giving gifts.

How about you guys? I know you have your own set of precious birthday gifts.

THE TEXT:


"God always repays caring acts, it may not be with money or goods. More often He repays with:

HAPPINESS
GOOD HEALTH
FRIENDSHIP
LOVE.

7 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

RED musta? mayo pa ang may dollars... busy gid..

HAPPY EASTER

Anonymous said...

buti pa ang pera may tao, ang tao walang pera, hehe! Happy weekend Red!

Pepe said...

Mahilig ka mag-collect sang mga currency Red....? magpauli ko da hatagan ta ka sang complete nga set sang australian bank notes.... =D

RedLan said...

Lol @ KJ. Dollars gid ya. ginatago ko na gani. ipa-frame ko. joke.

RedLan said...

lol @ Mrs. T. hehehe. tama ka

RedLan said...

Bank notes gid ya @ Pepz. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Really a nice family and that is really a precious gift. Well, Happy birthday :-)