COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

Aug 8, 2007

THE BAD SAMARITAN

Sometime last July, there was a man entered in our office. We knew he was a stranger because he knocked the door several times. He was looking for our officemate as he handed a mail. According to him, he got it from street children. He was concerned maybe that bunch of mails was important. He just paid the kids two hundred bucks in exchange of those mails. Actually my officemate was about to call the bank to inquire why the PIN slip arrived already but she did not received the credit card itself. At first, we really admired and even thanked the man as if we thought he was a good Samaritan but when he emphasized that he gave the kids two hundred pesos and asking to pay him back of any amount, I had doubts then. Maybe he was a snatcher; that it was his mudos; that he was a bad person indeed. One of my officemates spoke what if other person got it and have knowledge it’s already activated then he swiped it to purchase things. I looked at her and gave a blinked of an eye inorder her to stop talking. She understands the sign and immediately stopped. Good thing. However, our senior officemate took over and she continued the issue. She said: “It’s already activated.” I replied: “No, it’s not yet activated and the signature will be questioned.” She kept insisting the truth to a wrong person. But later she realized why I objected her statement. And she agreed to me then. My concerned officemate paid the man a hundred and let him go.

Do you think a Good Samaritan asked a reward in return for the good deed he done?

Two days after, the carrier told us that his bag was snatched.


WARNING: Don’t trust people u don’t know that much


10 comments:

Admin said...

Hehe :) Tama ka diyan Kuya...

When it comes to money.. marami nang nasirang friendship...



Yehey! Una ako...

RedLan said...

Uy, nauna ka nga. thanks sa pag comment richard!

take care!

Coiledice said...

HAHA! Tama ka jan. Meron nga akong "prend" nangungutang ng 100. Di ko pinautang! HAHA! Eh mukang ipangkakain niya lang eh. HAHA! Ahmm. Natutunan ko eh. "always say no"!

RedLan said...

hehe @ Coiledice. thanks sa pagcomment palagi.

Anonymous said...

nice one sir red ..
pagdating sa pera talaga, it's not good to trust agad .. eh kahit kilalang kilala mo na, you need to have hesitations talaga para makasigurong talaga ..

Anonymous said...

ako, im a proof of a friendship gone bad because of money......one of my friends (I've known him for three years) borrowed money from me when i got home from japan.....he said he needed help para maipalibing yung tito nyang namatay......and that he would pay me 5,000 pesos a month for six months hanggang mabayaran nya yung utang......ayun....di na sya nagpapakita sa amin ngayon.....at wala akong natanggap maski na singkong duling....hehehe

RedLan said...

May point ka @ chief. pero yung friend ko nagtiwala agad sa bagong kakilala. Yun ang ini-emphasize ko sa kanya.

RedLan said...

Thanks for sharing ur own experience @ reigh. Kahit marami kang pera, di pa rin okay sa'yo kasi pinagtatrabahohan mo naman ito.

At least u learned from that experience.

Anonymous said...

I was once a victim of this. I was going up the lrt when this strange man offered me this little statue of a saint. When I accepted it, he would not allow me to go up unless I pay him. .. Since I was scared of what he might do to me, I paid up... But because of that, I learned my lessons and I ignore anyone I don't know. I'd never give away my money just because they ask me. I'd even fight for it. hehe

RedLan said...

Thanks for sharing ur own experience @ allen. At least aware na tayo sa iba't iabng style ng manloloko.

Thanks sa pagcomment palagi.