COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

Jun 15, 2007

Being Forgetful...

I hope I am not the only one who experienced being forgetful. Last week, I was in sm mall and someone passed and approached me as if she knows me closely. I smiled back and talked to her in casual way but at the back of my mind: Who is she and where I met her? I can't recognize her. For so many people I meet everyday especially in government agencies. But I can see in her eyes that she knows me very well. Till I arrived home and even before I sleep, I still asked myself who is she really. OMG! I remembered her! She is Charito's mother. (Charito is my high schol friend). It would be so embarrassing if I asked her who is she. Just to think bout it that every year I met her on charito's birthday and there were some situation that we were together.

I researched online about being forgetful. And this is what I found:

Memory loss: When to seek help

Alzheimer's symptoms follow a pattern distinct from that of normal memory loss.
Everyone forgets things. How many times have you lost your car keys or forgotten the name of a person you just met? Forgetfulness tends to increase with age, but there's a big difference between normal absent-mindedness and the type of memory loss associated with Alzheimer's disease.


What's normal?
Normal age-related memory loss doesn't prevent you from living a full and productive life. You just need more time to remember a name or the task you had set out to do. You're aware that you're forgetful and may even joke about it.
People with memory loss due to something other than normal aging, such as Alzheimer's disease, may feel that something's not quite right, but they're unable to pinpoint what's bothering them. Rather than call attention to a memory lapse, they may behave as if everything is fine.


Additional symptoms
Memory loss associated with Alzheimer's gets worse over time, but it certainly is not the only symptom of the disease. Some of the earliest signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease include:


*Asking the same questions repeatedly (I never experience this)
*Difficulty finding words or use of inappropriate words (sometimes I do)
*Not being able to complete familiar tasks, such as following a recipe(never)
*Misplacing items in inappropriate places, such as putting a wallet in the refrigerator(misplace lang like i put it in another place and forget where I put it at dapat ko pang hanapin)
*Becoming lost while driving on familiar streets(no!)
*Undergoing sudden changes in mood or behavior for no apparent reason(there's always a reason naman pag nagchange mood ako.)


But I have my personal solutions bout it.

*Concentrate in the certain situation where u r and to the particular thing u do.
*Have a list of things u r going to do.

Do you experienced being forgetful too?

No comments: