COPYRIGHT

All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or reprinted the information especially the photographs by any means including computer printing, e-mail, personal website etc. without prior permission of the copyright owner, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a critical article or review.

Oct 19, 2008

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT

"People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, make them." This is St. Charles once again for this week's life story of a low profile Chinese guy.


May 16, 1991, a child is born, a gift from God. A baby given to a man and a woman as a symbol of their love.

It’s been 17 years since I was born. I live in an ordinary neighborhood. I study in an ordinary school. I have an ordinary family. The only thing that wasn’t ordinary was me. I was smart and I knew that all too well. My teachers said I had a lot of potentials, so I plan to be a lawyer or something close.


School pretty much sucks. If you don’t dress like the others, or talk like them, they don’t even talk to you and the only time they do is when they need something from you.The only reason I keep going to school is because I want to make a lot of money when I grow up. That’s probably the reason why I don’t have too many friends. I don’t care much about people. I have my life. Everyone has their. I live my life in the way that I choose it. As long as everyone keeps away from me, everything’s fine. No muss, no fuss. No complications. Everyone does what he wants. That was what I thought and nothing was going to change that. But one day, I made a friend I should never have had. His name is Miguel Castillejos. Everyone called him Migui. He had class. He had style. He had an awesome car, and a lot of girls to go with it. Everyone wanted to be like him. I’d be a phony if I told you I didn’t.


What puzzled me and everyone else was where he got the money to buy that sleek car of his and to date all those women. Everyone knew his family wasn’t rich and that they couldn’t afford all those things. Part of me wanted to be like him, so I decided to find out where he got his money. That’s why I get to know him. Anyways, that’s just what I did. Eventually, Miguel and I became best buddies. I told him everything about me, and he told me everything about him- except what I wanted to know. While we were hanging out, I decided to ask him. He told me everything after I promised not to tell it to anyone. I wanted in because I wanted to make a lot of money. That’s when it all started. Mguie told me all I had to do was to make a run to a guy name Verdon, and I get my money. The next day, I went to Verdon’s apartment. I knocked and Verdon opened the door. The place smelled awful. There were needles everywhere, and empty vials from the drugs he had. And Verdon- he didn’t look any better. I gave him the stuff, he forked over the money, and I split. I met with Migui and gave his the money. I got two-hundred dollars for that run. I was making easy money, two hundred dollars for one run. Most people don’t make that much in a month. Besides, I don’t deal the stuff, I just run it. And I won’t get caught because I’m too smart.


My life. My decision. No one tells people to take drugs. People want it. And other people give it to them. That’s the way it is. That’s the system. Society’s system. And no one can change that because that’s the way people want it. After two years of drug-running, I hooked up with Migui. I became a dealer just like him. And for sure, I got everything he had: Sharp threads, a car, and girls. This is the way life’s supposed to go. I’m paid what I deserve. I have money- I run the show. And I don’t care about anyone else. I don’t care about the people I deal drugs to. Like I said, it’s their choice, their funeral. I’m just happy to oblige them.


I didn’t tell my parents where I was getting all the money. It would break their heart if I did. I decided to move out and get an apartment of my own. Migui and I went through a lot of strain in the business. Lots of times, I thought about quitting. But whenever I did, I just took out a needle and took a hit. Anyway, I deal the stuff, so I got mine free.


One day, I got some news from one of my runners that Migui had been caught in a bust. The cops shot him. He’s dead. I didn’t know what to do then. I was worried as hell, so I took a hit. And after that, I look another, and my head started to spin. Then I heard some serins. Cops! I gathered up all the dope and flushed them down the toilet, then I jumped out of my apartment window, climbed down the fire escape and ran down the alley. I jumped in my car and stepped hard on the gas. The cops saw me and started chasing me. They were gaining on me, and I tried to lose them, but they were still on my tail. I didn’t want to go to jail. I didn’t want to end up like Migui. Then I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I couldn’t breathe. The whole world came crashing down on me and I blacked out. Next thing I knew, I was in a hospital. I saw myself lying down, being wheeled into the emergency room. I could hear the doctors talking. I watched as they try to revive me- to make me live again. It didn’t seem very hopeful. My lips were blue. I was pale. I thought they were going to use shock therapy on me. That was when I felt another sharp pain in my chest. But this time it was different- the pain made me live again. I woke up and saw all the doctors around me, and I knew everything was going to be fine.


I am in a drug center now. I won’t be going to jail because the cops didn’t find any drugs on me or in my apartment, because I’d gotten rid of the stuff. Besides, I was a juvenile. I can think pretty clearly now with all those drugs out of my system. I think back and I remember my first run. I didn’t care about anyone back then. I blamed the society for wanting to take drugs, not realizing that I’m part of that same society.


Rafael



Everyone keeps complaining about the system, and the society is made up of people, and people decide. And if anyone decides not to do something about the society’s problems, then they decide to be just as bad as the society they keep whining about. Everyone wishes there was a panacea- something that would put an end to all the problems of the world. The only way the world will become a better place to live in is if everyone decides to make a difference- if everyone decides to change.


Good evening Kapamilya!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, we have to analyze things properly and not just to blame our mistakes to everybody.

Nice post kuya red. I missed this. :)

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

madalas ko din gawin yan ang pagbuntan ng galita ang society chuva chenelin eklavu pero di ko naiisip na parte ako ng pinagbubuntanan ko ng galit ko.. hay..

Joe Ilaog said...

Hello St. Charles,

Inspiring story. Kahit gaano man kapangit yung nagawa ng isang tao, if he sincerely changed for the better, then that's all that matters.

Mrs. Spin's said...

nice post st charles. =)

RedLan said...

Kapag matured na ang tao, marunong na siya mag analyze @ Princess. Na-miss kita.

RedLan said...

CHararat @ Ferbert. Hehehe. ako rin ganun minsan. nagrereklamu sa sariling ginawa. hehehe. salamat sa pag comment.

RedLan said...

Tma ka @ Jowell.

RedLan said...

Salamat @ Harmonie. Guest host na male version ni charo yang si St. Charles

RedLan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that's the reason why i stopped complaining about our country. Our destiny is controlled by us, not by our president. everything should start from ourselves and stop blaming others.

""rarejonRez"" said...

this is a nice story red.. i love the reformation that took place int he character. keep posting!